The Cajun Seasoning Myth – Is It True?

McCormick Cajun seasoning is very popular with both residents of the South and those who frequent restaurants specializing in this type of cooking. It’s a must-have when preparing Cajun recipes, but you may be wondering exactly what the product is. To answer your question, McCormick Cajun seasoning is an indispensable part of any dish prepared with crawfish or shrimp, or any other kind of seafood that is prepared using these ingredients. To be more specific, it’s the secret ingredient that makes the distinctive taste and flavor of Cajun food. Many people don’t realize it, but this seasoning goes by many different names, including King’s Piece, Dog’s Tooth, Blue Bayou Sauce, and Bayou Sauce.

When you purchase McCormick Cajun seasoning blend, it comes in either 16 ounce canning jars or bottles, as well as in a variety of handy plastic containers, including small serving spoons. In addition to being available in cans or bottles, this great product is also available in packets that contain six ounces or more. Because this famous recipe seasoning is thick, it’s usually best used immediately, which explains why it’s commonly included in so many delicious Cajun recipes. A nice thickening agent for sauces, soups and stews, this seasoning blend can also be added to potato dishes and cornbreads, and can be purchased in handy little packets that are convenient and keep well.

One of my favorite ways to use McCormick Cajun seasoning blended into my recipes is to serve it with a blueberry sauce. best cajun seasoning to buy I start by preparing the sauce according to the package directions. Then I add my McCormick Cajun blend, a little at a time, to the prepared sauce. The mixture coats the ingredients and improves the flavor and texture of the finished product. Blueberry pie is an old southern favorite, and a wonderful way to enjoy this famous southern recipe.

Another way to enjoy McCormick Cajun seasoning is in a delicious crawfish dish. To make this crawfish dish, I use my favorite crawfish recipe from Cajun Stuff (available at Cooking Connect). This crawfish dish contains my favorite Cajun spices, such as garlic, onion powder, black pepper and salt free vegetable seasoning, blended together with my watercress, bell pepper, onions, celery and jalapeno peppers. I then add my Cajun seasonings, including my watercress and my Cajun ground spice blend.

For another delicious recipe using McCormick Cajun Seasoning, I make a simple barbeque sauce with leftover ribs, chicken and spare ribs. First I slice the chicken breasts into thin strips, and place them on a baking sheet. Next I place the spare ribs on top of the cleaned and cut chicken breasts. Then I place my ground beef into a large zip lock bag, and add my watercress and garlic seasoning blends. I then close the bag, leaving the lid open for a few minutes so the beef and watercress mixture can mix. Once mixed, I then spoon the mixture into separate serving bags, and allow them to cool.

For the third meal of our week, I make a simple taco seasoning mix. Using cubed tomatoes, cheddar cheese and sour cream, I mix them together until they become a smooth paste. I then spoon this taco seasoning mix into one sheet pan, and add a tooth pick to allow me to quickly and easily mix the tomatoes into the cheese.

The week ended with us stopping at a local restaurant, and I knew that my family would really enjoy the Carrot Cake Gluten Free Balsamic Chicken. I decided to make a quick clean up using my mortar and pestle, and add my other ingredients for the recipe. Since I did not have any measuring cups or spoons, I used measuring spoons and forks to mix the ingredients. We all enjoyed this delicious dinner, and after we finished, I askedioned off one of the measuring spoons to take home, and substituted it for a measuring cup. I have to say, these Carrot Cake Gluten Free Balsamic Chicken recipes are one of my favorite ways to incorporate different spicy Cajun flavors into my diet!

To get some high-quality, affordable Cajun seasoning to use in my cooking, I highly recommend that you purchase “The Cajun Code” by McCormick. This book contains tons of recipes for all types of Cajun meals, such as Boiled Bass, Shrimp, Chicken Parmesan, Collard Greens, and Fish. This salt mixture comes in four ounces, and is just slightly more expensive than Dijon mustard. Although I normally do not use any kosher seasoning when I cook non-Cajun foods, I did salt this recipe just before preparing this dish for my gluten free diet.